EcwaTech 2020 meets the Baltic Smart Water Hub
On 8-10 September 2020, a large offline event was held in Moscow, Russia: International exhibition EcwaTech: Water, Ecology and Technology. More than 5000 experts from 69 regions took part in the 3 days international exhibition of the innovations and best technologies in the water sector. More than 280 organizations presented their technological solutions for different issues that the water sector experts meet daily, starting form drinking water processing and wastewater treatment to the sludge handling.
Moreover, the 5 sessions were organized in parallel with the exhibition. Those were:
- Moving to obtaining environmental permits based on Best Available Technology (BAT) approach.
- Modern approaches to the management of water supply facilities. Technologies, equipment and materials for water treatment.
- Sewage treatment facilities - technologies, design, operation.
- Informatization and digitalization in the design of water supply systems.
- The current state of engineering networks in housing and communal services and industry.
The wide range of questions and ideas on further development of the sector were discussed by experts during the session. To demonstrate the international experience and the opportunities for disseminating information, ECAT-Kaliningrad presented the audience the Baltic Smart Water Hub, inviting to join the international community of water professionals. Several cases from BSR projects, which are published in the platform, were showed to participants. Experts highly rated the Hub as a tool for cooperation and exchange of experience. They expressed their interest in sharing own cases through the platform, and considered using the already published cases as a tool in the teaching process.
State Autonomous Institution of the Kaliningrad region "Environmental Center "ECAT-Kaliningrad"